Synthesis and application of nanocrystals
◆ Address : Seoul National University, Seoul 151-742, Korea
◆ Educational Background
- B. S., Seoul National University, Chemical Engineering,(Minor: Business Administration) 2000.
- M. S., Seoul National University, Chemical Engineering, 2002
Thesis Title : Modeling and Analysis of a Gas Sweeping Process for Polycarbonate Polymerization
- Ph. D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Materials Science and Engineering, 2009
Thesis Title : Materials Strategies and Devices for Flexible and Stretchable Electronics; Advisor: Prof. John A. Rogers
◆ Professional Experience
- 2011- SEOUL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, Seoul, Korea Assistant Professor in School of Chemical and Biological Engineering
- 2009–2011 UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN, Urbana, Illinois, USA
- 2009–2011 UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA Post-doctoral Research Associate / Visiting Scholar Performed the in-depth research of the application of the flexible and stretchable concept for various devices, such as bio-medical/implantable devices, LEDs and photovoltaic cells. Developed invasive, minimally invasive and non-invasive biomedical surgical tools.
- 2006–2009 UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN, Urbana, Illinois, USA Research Assistant / Ph.D. Development of stretchable CMOS ICs with wavy or popup interconnects. Designed and optimized low temperature fabrication processes for high performance nMOS and pMOS field effect transistors on plastic substrates by transfer printing single crystal silicon.
- 2002–2006 KCTECH CO. LTD., Anseong, Korea Senior Researcher Scale-up, mass production and qualification of Ceria slurry for semiconductor device manufacturers. Piping and Instrument Design (P&ID); integration and optimization of production processes of Ceria slurry for Shallow Trench Isolation (STI) Chemical Mechanical Planarization (CMP). 2000–2002 SEOUL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, Seoul, Korea Postgraduate Student / MS Modeling a gas sweeping process for step-wise polymerization, such as Poly (Ethylene Terephthalate) (PET) and Polycarbonate (PC), as joint research with LG Chem. Co., Ltd.
◆ Honors and Awards
- TR 35 Award (MIT Technology Review, TR 35 2011), Boston, USA, 2011
- SPIE Green Photonics Award (Photonics West 2011 Meeting), San Francisco, USA, 2011
- MRS (2009 Fall) Graduate Student Award (Gold Medal), Boston, USA, 2009
- George Smith Award (best paper published in IEEE Electron Device Letters), USA, 2009
- The 4th Samsung Lee Kun Hee Scholarship Foundation Fellowship, Korea, 2006 - 2009
- Most Outstanding Engineer Award, KCTech Co. Ltd., Korea, 2004
- Most Outstanding Undergraduate Student Award, Seoul National University, Korea, 2000
- President of Alumni Award for Undergraduate Student, Seoul National University, Korea, 2000
- Outstanding Undergraduate Student Fellowship, Seoul National University, Korea, 1996 – 1999